LADERA VOLLEYBALL LEAGUE – FALL 2022
SEPTEMBER 12 – NOVEMBER 11
The Ladera Volleyball League (LVL) is for boys and girls in 1st – 8th grades who are interested in volleyball and want to learn more.
The goal of LVL is for young athletes to learn and have fun! We expect all coaches and parents to embrace the spirit of the league and help us create a positive learning environment.
This is a 10-week session
Evaluations: Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 – 4:00PM – 5:00PM
Practices: Monday or Wednesday
Start: September 12, 2022 – 3:30PM – 5:00PM
Game days: Friday – Starting at 4:00pm
July 21 – $375 Aug 11 – $400 Sept 1 – $425
Sept 16 – $450
- Teams will consist of 10-12 athletes
- Play is 3 set rally score matches (21,21,15)
- Team captains will participate in a coin toss to determine serve and side
- Warm-ups will be 2-4-4 (2 minutes of joint ball handling followed by 4 minutes for each team beginning with the serving team)
- Teams switch sides between each set and switch sides at 8 in the third set
- May start at a maximum of 18 feet onto the court (two feet behind the 10ft line)
- For each service, the player must step back toward the endline
- On the fourth attempt to serve for the term of service, ALL servers must be behind the endline
- Foot Faults will now be called
- After five consecutive serves in the court teams must rotate to their next server
*If your servers are on the court foot faulting and service goes to the deep back court, this server must step way back on the next serve – on, near or behind the endline. The allowing of foot faults is just so the server can get the serve over the net and not to beat the serve receive with the deep service or to over-power them with the overhand serve.
- Subjective ball handling violations will only be called in the oldest age group and will be called loosely to allow play to continue as much as possible
- In younger age groups doubles will not be called, but significant lifts (catching the ball) will be called